13 April 2009

for zach (frank)


Today my keyboard broke at work.
I've had this keyboard for many years -- almost as long as I've worked at this place.
I received a temporary replacement keyboard that is not like the keyboard I had and was told a replacement would be ordered.

The problem is that my old keyboard was one of those goofy anatomically correct (ergo?) keyboards.
The kind with the giant cleft straight up its mid section.
The new keyboard is a standard "workman's" keyboard.
It is rectangular and awkward, to say the least.
Some of the keys I frequently use are in different places, making me slower and less efficient at otherwise menial tasks.
This pains me in more ways than one.

So, here's to living the life of a tyrannosaurus rex for the next week or two.
I truly do not know how the rest of you do it...

No comments: