25 August 2008

new cross venue?

I explored the hill-side park near my house after the practice race this weekend and it looks quite promising. I'd never been totally inside the park before and I was amazed at how much space and stuff there was inside. I've ridden sleds on the far side's hill and bikes on pretty much every street that boarders the park, but this was my first excursion into the depths. I was amazed at the park's size and amenities -- there's a bathroom hut, a pavilion and a playground in addition to some serious acreage.

This is a great discovery as I should be able to squeeze out a good course in and around the park. Existing features include a short stair section, a running sand section, plenty of off-camber lines and lots of climbing. Now all I've got to do is invest in some portable barriers and this will be a third practice course for the cities!

No comments: