04 October 2008

Cross racing 2008: #1

Race number one of 2008.
Mediocre finish: 17th.
Beat Weezy at least.

I'm definitely going to stick with the C category til either win or place in top 5 a couple times. This one was way harder/faster than the Powderhorn race I did 3 years back; don't know if it has something to do with the re-shuffling of cross categories. Though, perhaps I should focus on top 10 first...

The Grifo XS tubulars were phenomenal, btw. The course (Corcoran) was very dry and a mix of mostly grass and loose dirt/gravel. I ran about 40psi and probably could've gone lower but I don't know that it would have made much difference. I look forward to playing with different tire pressures in the coming weeks. Also with my yet-unused Fango tubulars!

More tomorrow.
Time for bed now.
I'm shweepy.

No comments: