30 October 2008

Illin' Update

Yesterday was a bad day as far as my sickness goes; I stayed home from work yesterday morning and came in late for a half day. I felt like crap yesterday morning so it felt appropriate. I awoke this morning feeling better than yesterday, so I decided to try my hand at a little physical exertion and rode in to work. I had initially figured I'd take it slow and just get the legs moving, but I felt good enough to go a little harder than just spinning so I changed the plan to doing a little work-out on the way in. Apples says we hammered on our commute, so OK. Sometimes it helps me to sweat illness out of my system.

An hour later and I'm feeling alright. Still sick, to be sure, but not any worse really than I felt before getting on the bike. We'll see how the ride home goes, but things are looking good for racing this weekend at Red Barn.

No comments: